Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Bathroom Anomaly

Weird things happen in the 3rd floor bathroom in building 17 (aka, my work bathroom). I am certain that we either have a very convincing transgender, or a female that likes to stand up to pee. I go into the bathroom at least once a day to discover one of the toilets with the lid up, while the other toilet has the seat down. When I pointed this out to a co-worker, she suggested that perhaps the janitor cleans the bathroom in the middle of the afternoon. At first, I thought that must be the case. After making more observations, I'm not as confident that she is correct.

Observations as to why it isn't the janitor:

1) Wouldn't both toilet lids be up if the janitor had just cleaned?

Perhaps someone had used the other toilet right after the janitor cleaned, thus explaining why one lid is up while the other is down. This leads me to point #2..

2) If the janitor just cleaned, why is there tissue on the floor in the stall with the toilet lid up? Why are there also paper towels all over the floor?

I don't know, maybe our janitor sucks.

3) It's always the same stall at the same time of day. This person has a routine and doesn't like to deviate and use the other stall.

If I ever have a slow day, maybe I'll spend extra time in the hallway and get to the bottom of this matter!

Wait, there's more! The erect seat is not the only anomaly in this bathroom!

There is this drain in the stall with the seat down. (The drain must be the reason why the toilet seat up user prefers the other stall)! The drain STANKS. Honestly, I think poop would smell better than the scent that radiates from this drain. Just the other day, I heard a toilet flush in another bathroom and the smell that came from the drain after that flush almost knocked me out. I haven't smelled something that foul since I worked with pigs. Hopefully one day these mysteries will be solved, until then......

2 comments:

  1. That person also has their feet facing the wrong way like they stand over it... I think I know who it is...

    ReplyDelete