Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Cyclists

I'm all for sharing the road.  I go out of my way to slow down and move over for cyclists.  I am glad you are out there, getting your exercise on, unlike so many fatties just sitting in front of the television.

What enrages me about cyclists, are those that do not obey the traffic laws.  I am looking out for you, you should also be looking out for my bright ass blue car coming at you when you are breaking those laws. 

In the past 24 hours, I have almost hit (and by almost, I mean I'm glad I got new brakes on my car last week) two cyclists.  The first instance occurred yesterday evening.  This awesome guy came screaming out of a parking lot, attempting to cross 3 lanes of a feeder road.  Feeder roads here in Texas are roads that put you on and off the interstate.  People do not drive slow on these roads.  I hope he made it to wherever he was going.

The second instance happened this morning.  I have added a picture to help explain.  Here I am with a green light, turning right on my way to work.  This douche bag on a bike is in the middle of the lane (my lane, opposite lane of where he should've been riding), coming towards me.  They had a red light.  He should have been in the other lane (on the side, not the middle of the lane), stopped, with the rest of traffic.  Again, glad I have new brakes on my car.  I'm also glad the guy behind me had good brakes on his truck, because he came close to rear-ending me.  Pretty sure it scared him as much as it scared me, because he almost fell off of his bike.  All I can do is hope he learned his lesson.  Or, if not, at least heard the choice words and gestures I proceeded to give him.

If you are a cyclist and don't obey the traffic laws, eff you.  Eff you hard.


No comments:

Post a Comment