Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Heebie-Jeebies

Today's events have succeeded in giving me the heebie-jeebies.  It started while at work.  I've seen roaches at work before, but nothing to this magnitude.  My best guess is that someone sprayed the building today.  I saw at least 6 dead and 3 live roaches before I left today.  Granted, I was there later than usual, but come on.  I don't handle roaches well.  I felt like something was crawling on me the entire way home.

Next, we took the dogs for a walk not long after I got home (around 9:30).  We've been leaving the front light off because the June bugs have been horrendous.  Somehow, I see a small snake slithering by the bottom crack of the door.  I'm so thankful we have good insulation around that door.  So I yell for Ben to stop, there's a snake.  He takes a look and the little dude is now sitting on the mat, looking at us like, I dare you to try to go through this door.  So we walk around the back of the house where I see the largest spider I have ever encountered.  WHAT THE HELL TEXAS?!  STOP IT.  STOP IT NOW.

Got to the front door in time to see the snake slither away between the side of our driveway and the rock that surrounds our landscaping.  That butt hole is going to be in our garage tomorrow.  I just know it.

Time for a hot shower and some liquor in hopes this feeling fades and I can get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment