Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Things I'd Like to Bitch About






I've been trying my best to not be one of those people who constantly updates their Facebook status with complaints, but I am about to bust at the seams, so here is a blog filled to the T....





My top complaints for the first half of May:




1) Foreign people who take it upon themselves to point out the fact I am doing something wrong when I AM NOT. This has happened to me twice in the past week. I have consulted with others to ensure I am not an idiot. Now I have to decide if I should point out that they've been doing it wrong, or just let it slide. Either way, we can all take something away from this.....make sure you are 100% correct before you go pointing out someone else's mistakes.





2) Motorcyclists. Grrr. I'm getting to the point I see red if I even speak the word. They now have this sign up on the freeway that says, "Look twice for motorcyclists." I'd like to get up there and change the sign to say, "If motorcyclists didn't drive like assholes, you wouldn't have to look twice for them." Just this morning I witnessed a motorcyclist tailgate me as I was doing 8 mph over the speed limit, then weave in and out of traffic, causing other cars on the road to hit their brakes, just to end up at the same stoplight as me. This wasn't even on the interstate. Sorry, but I have lost my sympathy bone for the next time I see a motorcyclist splattered on the highway....it was probably their fault. Stop weaving in and out of traffic, driving 20 mph faster than the speed limit, and driving between cars on the dotted line in the road. How should I explain this last one better? You know, when you are in the left lane, and there is a car in the right lane, then the motorcycle prick creates their own lane between the two of you, scaring the crap out of everyone? That is what I'm talking about. This is why you die, not because I didn't look twice.




3) Our grass can suck it. Seriously. You know, I hope it never rains here again. There, I said it. That way the grass will be put out of its misery and we can start doing something else with our evenings.





4) I'd like to stay home on an upcoming trash day and throw our trash can lid at the garbage men. Throw it like a frisbee and hit them square in the face. Then say, "This wouldn't have happened if you hadn't broken our trash can." Why our trash can? We must have pissed them off b/c no one else's lid is broken in the neighborhood.





5) If you can't take 5 seconds to label your samples/tubes/vials in the lab, they deserve to be destroyed.




6) Gmail, all I wanted to do was set my theme to Super Mario Brothers. Why could you not let this happen?




7) Learn the difference between your and you're. It'll make me hate you less.





8) Why do some people think it's okay to interrupt other people while they are talking? Are you just that oblivious or just that much of a self-centered asshole?





Alright, I think I'm done.












5 comments:

  1. Yeeeesssss! I love a good angst-ridden blog! Don't know why people don't do it more, b/c most people agree with every single one. Unfortunately, I can only appreciate the lab thing. I'll change it to labeling items with prices in stores and I'm right back into a rage. Also, the trash men broke our lid, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently you've never been in Myrtle Beach during the month of May or you would really get a taste of bikers with both the Harley Davidson and Atlantic Beach bike fests back to back. And then, we have the "cotton-tops" that love to take them out because they are so damn old that they should not be driving and should have had their license taken away 20 years ago.
    And I love it when you get bitchy! It reminds me of someone but I can't think of whom at this very instant. Lol!
    Love you sis, you will be okay. And tell those damn trash collectors that you want a new trash can! And make the builder get you new sod since what you have was loaded with weeds from the git!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HATE it when ppl interrupt you when you're talking (notice I used "you're" correctly there). And, yes, I'm a grammar snob too! But, back to interruption. . .it's b/c that person wasn't listening in the first place. When it happens to me, I immediately halt what I was saying and walk away while they're talking. Essentially, it's the same thing as interrupting them. And, it's fun!

    ReplyDelete